Sponsors have the authority, resources and accountability to call for and support changes.
The first step to becoming a successful change Sponsor is knowing the role’s definition, responsibilities and tasks for good performance. This resource provides both key responsibilities and a solid performance checklist.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the personal and organizational impact of the change and its effect on shareholder value.
- Understand how the many different change efforts in the organization affect one another and the overall mission.
- Recognize and commit to changing themselves to support the change.
- Clearly articulate over and over why the change is needed. Address all audiences using examples and language they will understand.
- Keep the organization focused on the change.
- Predetermine how much disruption the organization can handle in the Delta and plan and implement recovery strategies as necessary.
- Support the Change Agents.
- Hold the management cascade accountable for implementing the change.